In Part One of this post, we looked at the dilemma faced by many small businesses — they need marketing expertise to grow, but haven’t grown enough to afford it — and how a consultancy can help them get around this.
Part Two is all about our own approach to marketing consultancy. It’s been a while since we blew our own trumpet on the CEC blog, so we figure it’s about time!
What our marketing consultancy does
When we’re brought in as a consultancy, our objective is to give the client’s team sufficient knowledge and skills to market their products/services themselves. It’s a bit like a crash-course in marketing. However, instead of dealing in vague theories, it’s laser-focused on improving the client’s own particular business. We run it as a hands-on workshop, not lecturing the team, but working with them.
We take our client’s team through key steps in the marketing process, including:
- Initial audit. We carry out an initial audit of lead generation, analysing the process that the client currently uses, and looking at what’s working (and what isn’t).
- Strategy and campaign planning. Based on this audit, we work with the team to devise an overall strategy and plans for their next campaign.
- Campaign execution. We then show the team how to execute this campaign from start to finish.
- Telemarketing training. Once the campaign is ready to launch, we coach the team on-site in telemarketing.
- Training in nurturing. We return to work with the team at moving prospects through the sales funnel. For example, we look at converting webinar attendees into sign-ups.
By the end of this process, the team will have planned, executed and analysed a solid marketing campaign. More importantly, they now have the in-house skills to set up future campaigns. In this sense, our consultancy service is an investment in the company’s future.
Why our consultancy?
There are plenty of companies offering consultancy services — so why choose CEC Marketing?
The short answer is this: we know what we’re doing.
Before you pay for a consultancy service, it’s worth researching what experience those selling the service actually have. Unfortunately, some seem to have done little else apart from a marketing course. That’s not great preparation for telling someone else how to do it! By contrast, our consultancy draws on over 20 years of industry experience. And a quick glance at our results page, or our testimonials shows that we get real results for companies.
When you ask an expert to work with your team, it’s important to know that they’ve spent time in the trenches, doing exactly the same sort of real-world work that you’re doing.
Who would benefit from our consultancy?
As we pointed out earlier, consultancies are often an excellent solution for smaller companies. We think it’s ideal for businesses that need expert input into their marketing, but lack the budget to outsource. Many start-ups and younger SMEs fit this profile.
Our own area of expertise is working with B2B companies, especially those in the IT or broader technology sector.
Interested? Give us a call.
We’re excited about our consultancy service. We make a real difference to B2B companies, helping to demystify the marketing process, helping them to achieve their goals and grow.